Facebook is the most common social media platform in the world. This is what prompted Facebook developers to make Facebook available in many languages. To be more precise, Facebook has can be translated to over 70 different language. This has made Facebook easily accessible across many areas of the world. You can therefore easily change the language in Facebook to the one you are more comfortable with.
Changing the Facebook language is not that hard. It can be done on any device you are using. Whether it is a personal computer, a laptop, an iPad, android or any mobile devices. Here are simple instructions on how to change the language on Facebook on any device you are using.
How to change language in Facebook using a desktop computer or a laptop
If you are using a desktop computer or a laptop, you can change the language in Facebook using either one of the following two methods. Both methods are equally efficient. However, you should change your language option when it is really necessary. This is because, in most cases, when you change the language in Facebook, you will have to wait another thirty days to change the language another time. Let us take a look at the two methods.
1. Log in to your Facebook account.
2. Scroll to the bottom left corner of your Facebook page. This is where Facebook displays the language that is currently active.
3. Click on the name of the language displayed, for example “English”. If you do not see the name of the active language, you will see a globe shaped icon. Click on the globe icon. This will prompt a pop-up box to appear containing a list of all available languages.
4. Click the language of your choice.
5. Facebook automatically translates all the content on the Facebook page to the language you have chosen.
1. Log in to your Facebook account and scroll to the top right corner.
2. Click Account Settings.
3. A list of setting appears, one of them being Language.
4. Click Edit next to the Language option. A list of languages appears.
5. Click on the language of your choice and the changes will be made immediately.
How to change language in Facebook on your iPad
You can also change the language in the iPad Facebook app. This can be done by changing the language settings on your iPad by following these steps.
1. Open your iPad.
2. Tap on the settings option on the home screen of your iPad.
3. Tap on General.
4. Choose the option that says Language & Region.
5. Select iPad Language.
6. Tap on the language that you are comfortable with.
7. The language change will be applied throughout the iPad including the Facebook app.
There you have it. You just have to follow the simple steps mentioned above and you are good to go. You will be able to change the language used in your Facebook account within a couple of minutes. Remember, change the language in Facebook only when it is really necessary and make the right choice.