Privacy of your personal information while using social networking websites is so important and to ensure your safety while socialising online, you should change your passwords for certain websites regularly. The following information gives you step by step instructions on how to change your password for the most popular social network website that currently exists, which is Facebook.
How to change Facebook password
1. You will of course need to be logged into your Facebook account to create a new password, so do this as you usually would by using the “log in” button on the top right hand side of your screen.
2. On the top menu that goes across the screen horizontally, click on the arrow which should then bring up a few different options for you. Click on “settings” to go to the next step. You should be able to find the options “settings” just between “Activity log” and “Log out”.
3. After clicking settings, you will see an option appear that says password, click “edit” in order to change your password.
4. You will then be instructed to type in your current password and your new password twice. Do this in the appropriate boxes before selecting “save changes”.
5. The process of changing your Facebook password is now complete and the next time that you log in to the website, you should enter your new password. There is no limit on how many times you can change your Facebook password, so if you need to create a new one regularly – you are entirely able to do so.
There are many instances that you might want to change your password on Facebook. Perhaps somebody have got their hands on your personal information somehow and you don’t want them to. Sometimes Facebook will tell you that somebody has attempted to log in to your account from another location. If this is the case, you should change your password immediately and to something that is completely different to your old one. Perhaps you, yourself have logged in from a friends home and accidentally clicked “remember password”.
Whatever the reason you want to change your password is, doing it regularly will mean that you have peace of mind and do not have to worry about anybody spying on you. Having privacy on Facebook is so important, you are uploading photos that are personal to you and are likely sending/receiving messages that you do not want other people to see. The instructions detailed above show how easy it is to change your Facebook password and this process is pretty similar with websites that have similar purposes, such as Twitter.
Now that you know how to change Facebook password and how easy it is, you are good to go. When thinking up a password, ensure that it is one that is not easy to crack. Use capital letters, numbers plus words that are not easy to guess in order to make your Facebook password secure. The internet can sometimes seem like a very “open” place, but by using common sense and being smart with your passwords – you are making it safer for you.