If you don’t want to use Facebook again, you can request to have it permanently deleted. However, it is important to note that once the account is deleted, you cannot reactivate it, or retrieve anything that you might have added. The following steps show you how to delete Facebook account.
1. Log in to Your Facebook Account
For you to delete your account, you must be logged in. Logging in makes Facebook know that you are the owner of the account. It also prevents people with malicious intent from deleting other people’s accounts.
2. Download All Your Facebook Data
Before deleting your account, make sure that you have a copy of all your personal data, because you might need it later. This can include photos, as well as personal profile content. Since you are already logged in, you can download you data by following these steps:
– Go to settings by clicking on the drop-down menu at the top right of your screen.
– Click on “Download a copy of my Facebook data”.
– Click on “Start My Archive” and then “Ok”.
Once you have done that, your information will be archived, and Facebook will send you an email when the archive is ready for download.
3. Clear Your Facebook History if Necessary
Since it takes 14 days for your account, to be permanently deleted, you may find it necessary to delete all your recent comments that you may not like. To delete a post you made on Facebook, follow these steps:
– Click on your profile name at the top of the screen, just after the search bar.
– Go to the post you want to remove, and click on the arrow next to it and select delete from the drop-down menu.
– Make sure the “Delete All Your iOS Activity” box is checked.
– Click on “Delete” to remove the comment.
4. Delete Your Facebook Photos
Before deleting the account, you might want to delete all the photos that you had uploaded to your account. You can delete them by following these steps:
– Click on your account name at the top of the screen, just after the search bar.
– Go to Photos.
– Click on the Remove or Edit Button next to the photo, and select “Delete This Photo”.
– Click on the confirm button.
It is important to note that you can only, delete photos uploaded by yourself, and not those uploaded by your friends. Those uploaded by your friends are the ones tagged as you.
5. Permanently Delete Your Account
Once you have backed up all the data that you require, you can now delete your account permanently by following these steps:
-Go to Facebook’s help center: While here navigate to the account deletion form. You can also search “delete account”, within the help center, and click on the link that appears to begin the process of deleting your account.
-Delete your account: Click on the “Delete My Account” button appearing at the bottom right corner of the window. Key in, your Facebook password, and provide the random letters given in the CAPTCHA image to prove that you are not a robot, but a human being. Click the “Okay” button in the pop-up window to acknowledge that your account will be deleted permanently after 14 days.
– Stay away from Facebook: You should avoid Facebook for the next 14 days, because logging in will cancel your delete request.