It cannot be said that Facebook is strictly being used for personal networking, with scores of commercial entities using the social utility as one of their marketing venues and their accounts as their mouthpiece, yet usage of the site has not found favor with many companies and schools. Their grouse with Facebook is that it is the number one productivity killer in the workplace.
So, to discourage Facebook log in at work, many offices now restrict access to the site. However, there are several ways to circumvent such bans, some simpler than others. So, here is a look at how to find Facebook Proxy Login and the different methods of getting around the ban on social networking sites in workplaces and schools.
So, how are they banning Facebook at your workplace?
There are two ways in which access to social networking and other sites can be restricted. The exclusive method is one in which certain sites are singled out for limitations. On the other hand, the inclusive process involves blocking all the sites in general except for a few. Most methods that circumvent the ban can be used to deal with both inclusive and exclusive restrictions. Typically, they will only limit access to certain website addresses and Facebook will be one of them.
What are the options available to get around these restrictions?
Use a portable browser: A portable browser is a simpler and smaller version of the software you run to access the internet. So, you don’t have to download it. This means that it leaves no traces on the computer you are using. You could easily carry a portable browser with you in a USB drive and by tweaking its proxy setting, you could use it to access Facebook even in restricted areas.
• When at home download the Firefox portable browser from portableApps.com
• Run the setup file as you would normally, but do not click through the stage where it asks you if the browser should be installed in your Program folder.
• Set the flash drive as your installation directory. This way the browser will be installed directly in the USB drive
• Next, you will need to configure proxy settings on the portable browser
• You could use hidemyass.com, 99proxy.com or any other similar service that you can find from a proxy list.
• Note down the name of the proxy as well as the port.
• Now on the browser, click on “menu” and open “options”. You should see the “advanced” tab, click on it and go to network settings.
• Access “settings” by clicking on it and go to the option that says “manual proxy configuration”.
• Enter the information that you had saved beforehand and finish the procedure by checking the box next to “Use this proxy server for all protocols”.
When you want to access Facebook through the proxy server, simply connect the USB drive to your computer at work or in the school and use the installed browser to navigate to Facebook.com.
Using the site’s IP address to bypass the ban: Typically, only the URL of the site will be banned from a network and not its specific IP address. However, some networking guys have wised up to this method, but you could always give it a shot. To use this method, you will have to:
• Open the command prompt of Windows, you could do this by typing Win+R together or by choosing “run” from the startup menu. Type “cmd” in the box that appears. For Mac, you will have to open the “terminal” that can be found in the subfolder called “utilities”, which is a part of the “applications” folder.
• Now, type “ping URL of site”. So, for Facebook, you would have to type ping www.Facebook.com
• Make a note of the IP address that is returned.
• When you want to use Facebook, instead of its URL, enter the IP address. If the filter used in your workplace does not block IP’s, you will see the site displayed.
Using web based proxies for Facebook.com log in:
This is possibly the simplest approach, but one that can be slow and it may not always work. For this, you will simply need to find free proxy server sites and use them to bypass the ban. Usually, any site that has the word “proxy” in it will be banned from the network.
How to find Facebook Proxy Login?
A web based proxy can not only come in handy when circumventing workplace browsing restrictions, but also when you want to hide your own IP address since all the traffic is routed through the server of the proxy site. You can find several proxy site lists with a simple search online. One site that lists the most current proxies is Proxy.org.
If you want to use a proxy server, you should either go with tried and tested sites like hidemyass.com or test out the sites at home. Make a list of 10-15 that actually work. It would be best to pick proxy locations that are closest to you, to get better speeds.
What are your choices when it comes to online proxy sites for Facebook?
At this point, the top 10 facebook.com proxy sites are:
Using proxy servers to get to your members’ area of Facebook
To use an online proxy for accessing Facebook.com, you will need to open the proxy site. On their webpage, you will see a field for URL that is similar to the address bar at the top of your browser window. This is where you will have to type www.facebok.com.
Now, click on “go/browse/hidemyass” and you will be taken to the homepage of the social portal.
You can log in to your account as you normally do by inserting your username and the password. Once you are allowed access to the dashboard, use your personal page on Facebook as always. After you have had your fill of socializing, simply, close the browser window.