1. Get your own Facebook account.
Obviously, you already have your own Facebook (FB) account since you’re on this page. But if you still don’t have one yet, you can fill out a form on FB’s main page (www.facebook.com) to create your account. Signup is one-hundred percent free (…and always will be, as the tagline on the main page goes)!
2. Enter your email address/ mobile number/ username.
But first, make sure that no else is logged in on the site! Another person is logged in if you get a News Feed (with Home and a person’s name on the upper right) instead of the main page (with the log in and sign up forms). To log a person out of Facebook, simply click on the triangle icon on the right and choose “Log Out.”
After making sure that no one else is logged in, enter the email address that you used in signing up on the main page (www.facebook.com). The faebook login form can be found on the top right of the page. Remember, you can also enter the username or mobile number that you have associated with your account instead of your email address.
3. Enter your password.
Next, enter your password. Check to see if the capslock light is turned off so that you can correctly type it. Should you ever forget your password, there is a “Forgot Your Password?” link at the bottom of the login form which you can use to gain access to your account. An email will be sent to your email address that details the steps that you need to do to change the password for your account.
4. Decide whether you want to stay logged in.
Another option that you’ll see on the main page is the “Keep Me Logged In” check box. What does this thing do? Well, if checked, it allows a person to stay logged in even if the browser is closed. You won’t need to log in (i.e. enter your email address and password) should you ever visit FB again. You’ll be instantly taken to your News Feed.
5. Click log-in.Voila! You’re now done with the faebook login process. Happy liking and sharing.
Other Facebook Login Tips
1. If you’re constantly using Facebook on your smartphone and tablets, better grab the official Facebook mobile app for your device. The app allows you to log in to FB without the need for internet browsers. Its interface is optimized for the size of most mobile devices so you can have the best viewing experience possible.
2. Only check the “Keep Me Logged In” check box if you’re not using a shared computer (i.e. your own computer or device). Leaving your Facebook account logged in on public computers is a massive security risk that can be potentially dangerous. If you’re using a public computer to browse FB, double check that you haven’t inadvertently clicked on the “Keep Me Logged In” box everytine you log on.